When writing a GIMP Plugin using Python, can the Plugin display a GIMP based Dialog box informing the user if they haven't provided an argument?

Hello.

I am writing a GIMP Plugin using Python, and this Plugin expects to receive
a list of files as one of its arguments. My question is, if the user
doesn't provide any files as arguments, can my Plugin display a GIMP based
Dialog box informing them of this?

My Plugin is working as I expect, however I currently have it implemented
so that it throws an Exception if it doesn't receive a list of files as one
of its arguments. GIMP catches this Exception and displays its own Dialog
box informing the user that an Exception has been thrown and caught.
However, I would like to catch this Exception within my Plugin, and present
a Dialog box which is slightly more user-friendly than the one I am
currently seeing from GIMP. After all, not all users know (or even care to
know) what an Exception is.

Any help on this matter would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.