Re: AI algorithms in GIMP

Hi people,

1. Laxminarayan has some very good suggestions. I think all of them are
possible with varying degree of success.
2. Liam, I am implementing a quite popular paper for image upscaling called
SRGAN.
3. Gerald, there would be a testing and validation datasets to gauge the
accuracy of the neural network. The goal would be to minimize 'overfitting'
of the neural network to the training dataset. You're going to lose quality
when you upscale, but the upscaled images will still be better than ones
produced using traditional algorithms.

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to you guys before, I am caught up in
work and will not be able to write code properly till something important
gets over. However, I have studied generative adversarial networks (GANs)
and am now learning a python ML library called PyTorch. Once this is done,
I'll be able to start writing code. My main problem here seems to be the
computational infraastructure, I fear that my 8 GB Nvidia Quadro M4000 will
not be good enough to train on the data. If anybody had better resources
they can share, please let me know.

Once we have the toy GAN code set up in Python, people can play around with
it for various types of projects.

Cheerio,
Maitraya