Re: AI algorithms in GIMP

Hi,

[Disclaimer : 1)my knowledge of AI os limited 2) Just another Gimp user.
Not a Gimp dev]

just dropping a couple of ideas here

1) Back and white to colour:

If we train a NN on black and white images and their colour equivalents,
will it be able to generate colour photos fro, black and white?

Would it be a specialized form of style transfer?

2) Do you know of any algorithms which can separate different objects in
the image to different layers?
Probable detect and separate humans.
Another related separation is separating different parts of the face
Yet another separation could be simply based on the guessed depth of the
object

3) That brings us to :

Is it possible to use AI to get(guess) a depth map of the image? This could
be useful in making the depth of focus a bit shallower(limited capability,
of course) , place objects in-front of/behind objects, etc.. , Shift camera
perspective a little, etc.  3d scene aware object cut and paste (with
perspective change of object) anyone??!

4) Noise removal:

Is it better to do noise removal using AI?