Re: Forwarding bugfix release request we received on GNOME board list

Hello Philip,

We are in contact with this person (since this team does indeed the Marathi
translation, and I even helped them to get started as there was no active
Marathi coordinator so their initial contributions were stuck) and were
even aware of this specific request for a release (dating from January as
your email shows).

Back in January, I told Dr. Snehalata Shirude that we were hoping to do a
release soon, which unfortunately didn't happen in the end for various
reasons. We are still planning a release very very soon, though I cannot
say an exact date (same as I couldn't back then).

In any case, I am sorry to tell we cannot answer to requests for release.
It's done when it's done. Such is the saying. :-)

I am the first to hope we could have even more releases (though I don't
think we are too bad with 5 release since last April). Yet things are so
that we don't have the resources, neither have we the intention to speed up
things just because a university (or anyone/anything) uses GIMP, even
though it is very cool. I'm sure you understand as I doubt that GNOME would
speed up its release as well if it were to receive the same request, right?
:-)

Still thanks for relaying.
Have a good Sunday!

Jehan

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 7:06 PM philip.chimento--- via gimp-developer-list <
gimp-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi GIMP developers!
>
> On the GNOME board list we received a request from a university that is
> using GIMP to teach a course. They would appreciate a bugfix release with
> updated Marathi translations that, as far as I could tell from looking at
> the commit log, have already been contributed by the requester and
> committed.
>
> I don't know what your release schedule is, and I would not presume to
> interfere in it, but I would just like to make you aware of the request.
>
> Best regards,
> Philip Chimento
> GNOME Board of Directors

ZeMarmot open animation film