Re: GIMP 2.10 Unable to read tile data from swap

On Wed, 2 May 2018 16:08:31 -0400
Partha Bagchi <partha1b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 3:58 PM, Ell <ell_se@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 May 2018 15:56:12 -0400
> > Partha Bagchi <partha1b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I should do this after update gegl and gimp, correct?
> >
> > Yep.
> >
> > --
> > Ell
> >
> Sounds good.
>
> I think your hypothesis that it's related to the zoom level may be
> correct. I restarted GIMP with no GEGL environment variables. I
> opened image > duplicated layer. I set the zoom level to 50.1% and I
> saw the same artifacts. Then I increased the zoom to 50.5% and it
> went away.
>
> You realize that for large images, it would be unwieldy to be
> painting at that zoom level?
>
> Thanks again to you and pippin for resolving this.
>
> Partha
>
> PS: Did you see the screenshots I posted?

I have now.  The artifacts are only present in the flat, downscaled
version of the image, and not in the layers themselves, so changing a
layer's mode, or doing anything else that would cause the entire image
to get re-rendered, would make them go away.

--
Ell