Re: GIMP 2.10 Unable to read tile data from swap

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 6:22 AM, Partha Bagchi <partha1b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:47 AM, Ell <ell_se@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 1 May 2018 16:17:12 -0400
>> Partha Bagchi <partha1b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > GIMP 2.10, Windows 64-bit
>> >
>> > I seem to be getting the following errors when using some brushes:
>> >
>> > "Unable to read tile data from swap: No such file or directory (0/xxx
>> > bytes read) --"
>> >
>> > twice, followed by
>> >
>> > "Unable to read tile data from swap: No error (0/xxx bytes read) --"
>> >
>> > etc. followed by
>> > "Too many error messages!"
>> > "Messages are redirected to stderr."
>> >
>> > Any ideas on what is going wrong here for me?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Partha
>> >
>> > PS: I was not getting these swap errors for sometime now and suddenly
>> > in the final release, they are back again.
>>
>> How long ago did it start?  Does disabling the separate paint thread
>> fixes this?  It can be disabled by setting the GIMP_NO_PAINT_THREAD
>> environment variable.
>>
>> --
>> Ell
>>

> Thanks for responding Ell!
>
> It started again after the final release. It was not there in RC1.  I
> didn't know about the env. variable. I'll check it out and let you know.
>
> This may be a affect of the transition from gegl 0.3 to 0.4?
>
> In the past, it was related to complicated images with high resolution and
> usually setting GEGL_CACHE_SIZE to 2048 or thereabouts fixed it. Now, it
> does not.
>
> Partha
>
> Hi Ell,

I did the following. I set the following environment variables:
GEGL_SWAP=C:\Users\partha\AppData\Local\Temp\gegl
GIMP_NO_PAINT_THREAD="Y"

It didn't make any difference. Matter of fact, GEGL_SWAP was unused. So, I
removed it and reran GIMP. No change.

Thanks,
Partha