Re: GIMP 2.10 Unable to read tile data from swap

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 3:04 PM, Partha Bagchi <partha1b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Øyvind Kolås <pippin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Partha Bagchi <partha1b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > My GEGL compilation of simply what environment variables? I only have
>> one
>> > GEGL variable active now: gpu usage.
>>
>> GPU usage meaning OpenCL?
>>
> I was using the following:
>       GEGL_USE_OPENCL=gpu;
> Is that what you mean?
>

>> GEGL has stopped enabling opencl by defult now, since GEGL-0.3.24 of
>> 2017-11-24 it no longer being enabled by default since it relies on
>> good results from the varying quality different opencl
>> implementations,.. may also have generic race conditions resulting
>> from new code not manifest during regular testing either, so trying
>> without OpenCL enabled.
>>
>> /pippin
>>
> I removed the above environment variable but no change with my 36MP image.
> The moment I put the brush on the screen, I get the error messages above.
>
> Then I experimented with some more pictures and it seems to be related to
> the size of the image.
>
> I open a 1 megabyte (MB), and 4MB image and no error. Then I open a 74MB
> image without error. But when I opened an 300 MB Tiff, I started getting
> the error.
>
> I repeated the experiment with GEGL_CACHE_SIZE = 2048 with the same result.
>
> For all all images, I first fit to window > duplicate layer > paint on
> duplicate layer.
>
> Thanks,
> Partha
>
> One additional piece of data that may or may not be relevant. The When I
change the layer to mode something other than normal and change it back,
the painting shows up fine.

Here is the before image:
https://www.partha.com/downloads/GIMP/Screen-painting-before.jpg
and here is the after switching layer modes to something and back to
normal: https://www.partha.com/downloads/GIMP/Screen-painting-after.jpg