Re: Useability enhancement request: unified/expanded file export dialog

>> That would allow presets for example, that could at once save for the
>> various icon-sizes needed for
>> icons in mobile projects bound to a single keystroke. (and having  a
>> could also give an option to the "I do only jpeg exports" shouters)
>

> What you suggest makes perfect sense. I like the "pause for review".
>
> Anyone have additional suggestions for/comments about what might go into an
> enhanced file export dialog? Or about whether such a thing is actually
> feasible?

Further elaboration of what one can do when exporting was part of the
motivation of doing initial clean-up work on the architecture level
with separating saving from exporting. Another thing that is useful in
a few scenarios is exporting named sub rectangles of the image (for
creating raster graphics based assets for web/gui themes for
instance.)

A sketch with some UI ideas around that is here:
http://pippin.gimp.org/tmp/export.png

/pippin