Re: Single build for various OSX versions (Was: [Gimp-user] Open Gimp)

Am 08.12.2013 um 22:37 schrieb Partha Bagchi <partha1b@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Sven,
>
> It's a complicated process. Due to changes in how threads are handled
> between SL and later, if you build on Mountain Lion or Maverick the builds
> will not function on SL or earlier. So, to build Gimp such that it
> functions on SL and later, I installed Xcode under a separate folder and
> then point gcc to that folder and not use Maverick system folders.I also
> pass the CFLAG macosx-version-min=10.6

great, … that’ looks promising. (I have to admit that I never thought of using macosx-version-min)

Isn’t it enough to only use macosx-version-min?

What do you mean exactly by pointing gcc to another Xcode? My /usr/bin/gcc is the same as the one
on Xcode/Contents/Develper/usr/bin. I’m using Xcode 5 on Mavericks.
Do you some other version or a custom installed gcc?

Regards
Simone Karin