Re: GSoC GimpUnitEntry: Review round 1

2011/7/16 Enrico Schröder <enni.schroeder@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Ok, I will define the defines ;-) Should the common ones be declared in gimpunitentries.h or should each class/file define them themselves when needed?

Put them in gimpunitentries.h for now. Later we will move
gimpunitentries away from libgimpwidgets anyway until we have a
GimpUnitEntries interface we believe in.

> The function automatically adds a preview label to the table, showing the value of the entries with id1 and id2 in the given unit. I noticed that the new image dialog (and a couple of others) were using a kind of preview label (provided by GimpPropWidgets), so I thought it was nice to have for other use-cases as well. Since GimpUnitEntries is a convenience class, I wanted to provide an easy way to create such a preview label. Maybe some plugin could use it someday. Since it's already there and working, why remove it? It doesn't harm anybody, and we don't have to use it in the standard gimp dialogs. If we keep it, we'd need a better name though, e.g. _add_preview_label.

Ok let's keep it, but don't add such a label where there wasn't one
(like in the New Layer Dialog).

> Makes sense, I will implement that. GimpEevl even provides the position at which an error occurred, don't know how accurate it is though. I will look into maybe providing a little better error indication than just painting everything read.

Sounds good. I would like to remind again though about that our main
focus right now is to get a basic GimpUnitEntry to work and integrate
it in GIMP, so unless you don't have other things to do, don't work on
error indication.

> I must say separating the entry-management from creating the UI-container sounds a bit cleaner than it is now. But you had your concerns with that, right?

Don't know yet :) Let me get back on that.

 / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog:
http://www.chromecode.com/