Re: Isn't this behaviour unintuative?

But it's more intuative to assume the imported file's location and
format.  If you've imported a file and edited it, it's quite likely you
will want to write the changes back out to that file.  If you want to
write them somewhere else, it's easy to bring up the advanced export dialog.

--
Best regards,
Jeremy Morton (Jez)