Re: Isn't this behaviour unintuative?

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Jeremy Morton <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My suggestion is that this only happen the *first* time the over presses
> ctrl-E after importing and editing a file, though.  Subsequent presses
> once the user has confirmed would overwrite without confirmation.  It's
> just to avoid overwriting by accident.

I would really hate it if Ctrl-E would overwrite after import even
with confirmation. What I personally expect to happen is to have the
export dialog pop up just as the save dialog does letting me CHOOSE
what I want to do. At this point I can opt to overwrite, by selecting
the original file or to save new file next to it. On subequent calls,
the export would be silent. This is how save shortcut works. Dialog
first, silent on next calls, if the file to be saved to is
established. I find it extremely annoying that it does nothing and I
need to reach for shift to get even the inital dialog.

--
--Alexia