Re: Wrong tools contour

On 02/03/2011 05:59 PM, Alexia Death wrote:
> On Thursday, February 03, 2011 18:10:21 Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Alexia Death<alexiadeath@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Im sorry, but I find this question a bit annoying. It's a big issue
>>> smack in the middle where you cant miss it. Of course its known.
>>
>> So users will have to always stay in doubt if one issue is known or
>> not, because it annoys to ask?
> Users arent supposed to use GIT versions. Git versions are for developers and
> often conain incomplete features.

This is how it _has_ been, but to make GIMP more fun for both developers
and users, this needs to change.

The change we need to make is to develop things on feature branches and
merge them to git master when they are ready. That way we can make
releases much more frequently than every 2 or 3 years.

Making frequent releases is one important part in attracting
contributors. How fun is it to contribute a feature to a project when
the feature won't be widely used until after 3 years?

So to be a bit harsh: the error here was that git master broke, not that
a user wanted to help by pointing it out.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog:
http://www.chromecode.com/