Re: Gimp on OSX, Mac App Store and Funding

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 10:45 +0000, jcupitt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 7 December 2010 22:07, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > in GIMP on OS X. Even though there's a pretty well working Quartz port
> > of GTK+, there haven't been any successful attempts to make a binary
> > GIMP installer from this (as far as I know). I very much doubt that
>
> gtk-osx is used to make binary installers for inkscape, gimp, gnucash
> and others. There's a gimp binary here, and probably other places
> around the net:
>
>   http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/News/News.html
>
> I've used it for my own project and it seems to work OK.

This is GIMP based on GTK+ for X11. It needs an additional X11 server
running on OS X and thus integration into the system is very poor. What
I was talking about is the Quartz backend for GTK+ which allows GIMP to
run as a native application. As far as I know no one has ever made a
binary installer for OS X based on this.

Sven