Re: Gimp on OSX, Mac App Store and Funding

On 07.12.2010 19:15, Filipe Sim-Sim wrote:

> Now before any flamming and discussion on the GPL, i would like to
> state that the App Store webpage on Gimp should clearly state that
> this is opensource software, that you can download the source and/or
> the binary from the project page and that this is essentially a
> donation to the project combined with a easy software install and
> upgrade management.

If Apple doesn't change their Terms of Service for this instance of an
App store, then we won't have to bother with discussions about whether
the GNU GPL allows this distribution method - Apple will simple remove
GIMP from the store.

See
http://www.fsf.org/news/blogs/licensing/more-about-the-app-store-gpl-enforcement
for some background.