Cage transform questions

Hi,
I've just been trying out the cage tool (recently merged into GIT head)
I really like that I can just sketch up something like
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/neota/tech/1.png
and gooily bend it into something like:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/neota/tech/2.png

I have two questions...

* What does 'Fill from first point' do?
('first point' is likely the first point you clicked when defining the
cage.. but if fill from first point is NOT checked, where does the
cage code fill from?)

* Are there any plans to provide an option to use nearest-neighbour
sampling? The interpolating sampler works well for photographic
images; for indexed or low-color images, I so far find that the
interpolation makes the result uglier than the original, due to a)
destruction of intentional hard edges or b) colors being remapped
after interpolation

Curious,
David