Re: shorthanded and outnumbered (Re: Native RAW support)

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 05:31:07PM +0100, Ãyvind KolÃs wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 2:10 PM,  <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Oliver -
> >>
> >> this rant has no reason to be. ÂSorry for that.
> >> It makes no sense to start working in a project the size of GIMP
> >> without having to learn the code already in there first.
> > [...]
> >
> > I didn't say people should not look into the code.
> >
> > I meant: before looking into the code, an OVERVIEW on the code base
> > would be helpful.
> >
> > Looking into the code without an overview yields to people with
> > too narrow view on the code. Maybe that is good for other people,
> > but not for me.
>
> I'll bite ã
>
> There is various libraries that GIMP depends on:
[...]
> I maintain two of these projects, babl and GEGL, the following links
> point to overviews of the directory structures used for their source
> codes:
[...]

Thanks.

I already have decided to write some code on top of GEGL.
If it progresses as I hope, this will be something that
I will use instead of Gimp-scripting.

Nevertheless a program wiuth GUI would be fine,
so I hope Gimp will progress fast, if not with my help,
then maybe without it.

Ciao,
   Oliver