Re: shorthanded and outnumbered (Re: Native RAW support)

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 09:25:12AM -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 7:38 AM,  <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 01:39:42PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > [...]
> >> The way things are going native RAW support in GIMP using GEGL + some
> >> can-opener library will likely require a dedicated developer in the
> >> team. Which the team doesn't seem to have right now, being heavily
> >> shorthanded and outnumbered.
> > [...]
>

> Oliver -
>
> this rant has no reason to be.  Sorry for that.
> It makes no sense to start working in a project the size of GIMP
> without having to learn the code already in there first.
[...]

I didn't say people should not look into the code.

I meant: before looking into the code, an OVERVIEW on the code base
would be helpful.

Looking into the code without an overview yields to people with
too narrow view on the code. Maybe that is good for other people,
but not for me.

I say it again: there are different styles of work.
Is this is not addressed, then it makes no sense to
mourn about shorthanded and outnumbered developers.

If that situation should be changed, new developeers should be invited.
And not everybody who could contribute will have enough time to
read Megabytes of Code, just for fun.

Ciao,
   Oliver