Re: (no subject) plus dockables

On 08/28/10 07:16, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>> >  Making the Layers dialog discoverable under the 'Layers' menu and color
>> >  dialogs below the 'Colors' menu etc.. makes a lot of sense
> But won't that be a problem? Instead of having all dockable dialogs in a
> single place, a user would have to go hunt for the one he wants.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

I think this is the logical error here from usage point of view. It is
not the fact that they are "dockable" which means they should be grouped
together. They should be grouped according to function.

If I want to hide a layer  I should not need to think : "last time I did
this what did it look like, what sort of GUI element was it that allowed
me to hide a layer, was it dockable, where are dockables hidden?"

If I want to hide a layer , I go to the layers menu.

I find it strange anyone would argue against that.

/gg