Re: html layers

  I'm just starting to learn what it takes to be a GIMP developer so
this is more from a user's perspective.

In my mind an hmtl layer would serve the same function as a text layer,
except that it would provide formatted text.  It would be nice if could
be stored and edited as html then rendered on the fly.

I don't see GIMP becoming an html editor and I don't see a use for much
of html such as links and forms but a rich text environment that could
do tables, multiple fonts, multiple colors.... as a separate layer that
could be edited in the original format would be pretty cool.

HTML is a decent markup language and the undefined rendering attribute
could be ignored.  In our case all rendering attributes would be defined
by our implementation.  The end result for me would still be exported
single layer images.

Joe