html layers

Hi guys.

Smashing magazine linked to an interesting blog entry, where John Nack
discusses the possibility of HTML layers in photoshop.

If I understand the gist of his proposition/fantasy, the idea is the
ultimately his image editor would have a feature that can import, present and
edit html elements as components of a layer.

John admits that it is a far fetched idea. And the commentors bring up many
concerns.

But I find it an interesting idea that, if it possible to implement in an
image editor, could help smooth the process of designing web application
front-ends.

Anyway, I'm just putting it out there to you guys to see what you think. Could
such functionality be possible in a future iteration of gimp? Is it worth
considering? Would it be a complete waste of time and energy? Would it fulfill
any web developers dreams?

--
bob (via www.gimpusers.com)