Re: A new

But probably - if we can try to identify some generic use cases and
then to identify a sum of possible techniques / technologies to solve
those different cases, we can put a base for a future meta tool.

GIMP has already some useful tools such as color to alpha, and color
erase (for brushes), also Gmic has color replace. Maybe if we can have
the posibility to  pick (with a picker) which color is important to
remain and then to pick which color (or range of colors) can go to
aplha (probably with a color tolerance control [based on luminance, or
other factors]), we can have a better precision for this (meta)tool,
and saving a lot of time.

This can go well in SIOUX tool. The same tool as is now but with some
[+] color and [-] color  selectors / pickers - which will manually
refine the alghorithm after the initial selection is done (as is now
in SIOUX). When the color selection manually refined is ready, our
SIOUX based tool will know much better (if not exactly) about our
intention, about which color is important and which is not.

Nemes Ioan Sorin