Re: A new

Well, every background extraction is tricky - I tried PhotoshopCS 4
tools - they seems to be trivial to use and seem to be easy - but for
a complex task which need a lot of pixel precision you have to do a
lot of manually corrections too so the final feelig is a kind of
frustration - (with gimp magic wand progresive selection feature [drag
over layer left / right], I can do the same thing quicker).

In comparison with Photoshop - Jenny demos look perfect especially the
tree. I hope the final tool will extract selection / selected colors
direct (not just select pixels).

2009/9/15 Gerald Friedland <fractor@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Conceptually, these pictures should work very well with SIOX -- also
> with the version that is already productively included in GIMP. Of
> course, individual cases might sometimes be more tricky.
> What Jenny added is the capability of a soft segmentation. This means
> segmenting regions where background and foreground might fall into the
> same pixel because of texture complexity or blurring of the picture.
>
> Gerald
>
> --
> Dr. Gerald Friedland
> 1947 Center Street, Suite 600
> CA-94704 Berkeley, USA
> http://www.gerald-friedland.org
> --
>

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Martin Nordholts <enselic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 09/15/2009 03:50 AM, Jenny wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In this Google Summer of Code season, a new detail refinement brush was done.
>>> This page is a demo: http://sites.google.com/site/gsoc2009/result-demo
>>>
>>> There might still be some bug. I'd love to get any feedback from you.
>>
>> Hi Jenny,
>>
>> Thanks for making that page. Would it be possible to also get a sample how the
>> new SIOX performs for green screens? A zoom in at the edge of the extracted
>> object to show how it handles alpha would also be interesting.
>>
>> These are the kind of pictures I mean:
>> http://images.google.com/images?q=green+screen
>>
>> BR,
>> Martin