Re: Panels disappearing when changing workspace

Alexandre Prokoudine writes:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Sven Neumann wrote:
>
> > I'd rather open a bug-report against your window manager.
>
> That would be Metacity, which is declared getting obsolete and has
> over 400 (IIRC) not closed bugs .

It's been reported against at least 4 different window managers
so far: metacity, xfce, openbox and windowmaker. It's not just
metacity.  It makes gimp quite a bit more difficult to use under
those window managers -- it's what's been keeping me from using git
GIMP for anything more than quick tests.

There are also some reports of similar behavior on Windows;
I'm not sure whether it really is the same issue, not being
familiar with the Windows problem, but Michael Schumacher
thought so when he marked bug 566196 a dup of 556896.

	...Akkana