Re: XMPModel and custom signals

On 08/02/2009 01:50 PM, Roman Joost wrote:
>> does not change the fact that it would be nice to have a
>> 'property-changed' signal as a convenience if you have the need to
>> listen property changes
> So ... I'm just wondering. If I like to use two signals for the
> XMPModel, does it still make sense to inherit from GtkTreeStore? I mean,
> I can't currently see any benefits if I inherit from GtkTreeStore.

In general, aggregation is preferable to inheritance because the former
results in more dynamic code with less assumptions. If you think
aggregation makes more sense than inheritance in this case, then I'd say
go ahead and use aggregation, i.e. have a GtkTreeStore as an instance
member in XMPModel

  / Martin