Re: What would be a better set of default resources?

David Gowers <00ai99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can already do that for any circle brush. The attribute is called
> 'Hardness'

Thanks for pointing this out. I'd overlooked that.

> We would not seriously consider such a level of reduction because
> it's bad for usability -- it's much more painful for the user to
> adjust a slider each time they want to paint with different hardness,
> than to just switch between two brushes.

I don't see why that necessarily must be the case. This is where you
can have savable brush presets. Furthermore, why can't there be a more
interactive means of adjusting hardness (and brush size for that
matter)? GIMP already had the capability to use keyboard shortcuts to
interactively adjust brush size. Why couldn't shortcuts to added to
quickly adjust hardness?

  -Jason