Re: What would be a better set of default resources?

Martin Nordholts wrote:
[cut]
> Does anyone have any suggestions on adjustments and additions to the
> default set of GIMP resources?

I have a few suggestions as a creative/artistic user which uses GIMP
mainly with a pen tablet (as probably any other people who is serious
into raster graphic art). I'm not sure if they fit the product vision,
but I'm trying anyway:

- As you say, add larger variants of standard brushes. Artists typically
work on rather large canvases (I personally use 300 dpi A4, which
equates roughly to 3500x2500 pixels). The standard maximum brush size of
19 pixels at these resolutions can be quite small.

- Add some variations of rake brushes (not standard in Gimp right now)
and more different types and sizes of bristle brushes.

- Add more realistic patterns from commonly used artistic media (for
example different types of paper, etc), to simulate easily its texture
while drawing.

--
SHIRAKAWA Akira