Re: open/save/export

On Wednesday, June 10, 2009, 23:01:50, Jay Smith wrote:
> However, I have used a number of other programs where Export is a menu> item -- and I have not really understood why that Export was offered> separately.  In those programs, one could Save As to a few dozen> formats, but had to use Export to accomplish a similar goal to a few> other formats.
In those programs Export is usually used when the output format issignificantly different from the program's native format (eg. when youwant to create a bitmap from a vector drawing program, or when youcreate a PDF - in both of these cases, you wouldn't be able to openthe resulting file in the original program, and edit it like you cando with the formats that can be saved to; of course, you can edit thebitmaps you "export" in GIMP 2.7, so I find this "feature" annoying).
-- < Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >
This will hurt me more than it hurts you.       -- Hare's Additional Lie
_______________________________________________Gimp-developer mailing listGimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer