Re: digested: printing presses, cmyk, tiff + pdf...

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, peter sikking wrote:

> OK, that part I already got before I wrote my digest. But Robert
> points this out to show that there is a (minor) spanner in the works.
>
> where's the spanner?

There are two spanners: one in favor of CMYK and one against.
I'm not sure which Robert means, since he alludes to both in his
message.

In favor of CMYK, text black must be implemented as a single
color and can only appear on a single plate.

Against CMYK, regardless of what system you use, text black is
going to be a spot color, so it could just as easily be RGB+K,
CMYK+K, LAB+K, or even YIQ+K.

Does this answer your question or should I respond when I've had
more sleep?

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |