Re: digested: printing presses, cmyk, tiff + pdf...

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, peter sikking wrote:

>> I think the case of "text black" is a partial, qualified exception --
>
> I have a hard time spotting what you mean. this is troubling
> because I will have to understand the everything to be able
> to drive the Ui side of the solution.

Here, this may help:
<http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0001OR>

Specifically, the comparison of 4-color and single color here:
<http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/images/0001OS-1068.jpg>

To ensure that text is readable, it must be printed as a single
color, otherwise the grit may render the text unreadable.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |