Re: GIMP PDF export plugin

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> I must say I find this a bit arrogant.

Maybe.  Probably.

But I think it's time for me a a user to stop telling developers
what I need and to start asking what you need to make that
happen.

I think it's time to stop looking at this from the position of
nebulous wants and desires and to start looking at the end
product and asking what restrictions need to be placed on its
development.  Where does it connect to the rest of the program?
How does it interact with the rest of the program?  When we know
that, we'll be able to start figuring out how best to implememt it.

> Supporting someone that is inexperienced with hacking on the GIMP core

I'm not asking for support.  I'm just asking you what the shape
of the hole is that the CMYK peg must fit into.

I'm not really suggesting that I tackle the problem, but in my
experience, the first response to ``You should have feature X''
is usually ``You forgot to attach the patch.''  Talk is cheap,
and somebody needs to offer to help.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |