Re: GIMP PDF export plugin

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Andrew A. Gill wrote:

Agreed.  I don't think anyone here is looking for a Photoshop clone (I know
that I personally hate PS for a variety of reasons), but we do realize that
it has to compete with Photoshop, and not addressing the issues of large
sections of the design market when your competitor does is probably not the
best move.

Do we realize that? :)

It is true that GIMP is usually seen as to-be-photoshop-substitution
and its maturity in various areas in fact is the reason why people
switch to GIMP. However GIMP doesn't seem to be driven by a will to
make Photoshop die, die, die :)

<http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/competitor.html>

It's a product that has similar features. It's a competing product.

(Personally, I want to make Photoshop die, die, die, but that's mainly because of a deep loathing for the UI.)

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |