Re: GIMP PDF export plugin

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> 2. You have a newspaper where first page should have a two-color
> photo: black (C=0%M=0%Y=0%K<=100%) and blue (C<=100%M=0%Y=0%K=0%).
> separate+ however separates black to 4 channels.

The Christian Science Monitor does this pretty frequently, and
2-color ads and brochures are fairly popular because they are
cheap.  You can look online for examples, but I have to get to my
prepress job now.

> To me it's somewhat strange that GIMP's product vision doesn't mention
> prepress needs explicitly.

Agreed.  I don't think anyone here is looking for a Photoshop
clone (I know that I personally hate PS for a variety of
reasons), but we do realize that it has to compete with
Photoshop, and not addressing the issues of large sections of the
design market when your competitor does is probably not the best
move.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |