Re: Behavior when saving a selection to channel

Hi,

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 07:26 -0400, Rob Antonishen wrote:

> My opinion (which probably breaks some other intended behaviour) is
> that if the active drawable is a channel, pasting should default to a
> paste into that active channel

It does, of course. There's just this internal design flaw that floating
selections are part of the layers stack and are shown there. The
floating selection still belongs to the channel you pasted it to and it
will be anchored to that channel. The fact that it is shown in the
Layers dialog doesn't change that.

Mitch has been doing a lot of work on the internals of floating
selections lately. The goal of this work is to fix the long-standing
issue described above.

Sven