Re: Silent profile embedding.

Hi,

On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 20:03 +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> I agree that someone should sit down and specify exactly how we want
> color management to work before doing major surgery.

Yes. We absolutely need a document that describes the workflows that are
handled by the current implementation. Then we need some test images
that can be used to verify that everything works as it is supposed to.
Any volunteers?

> However, reverting that commit is not major surgery and to me writing an
> sRGB profile in the absence of an embedded profile is just plain wrong.
> If something like that was supposed to done it should at least be the
> RGB profile selected in the Color Management preferences, but even doing
> that would be making hasty assumptions.

Well, choosing a working profile other than sRGB is totally unsupported
and will definitely lead to bad results. But you are correct, the PNG
plug-in is doing the wrong thing here and we should revert that change.
Probably even in also in the gimp-2-6 branch.

Sven