Re: gimp-help-2: New From Visible

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:15 AM, julien <jm.hard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What is "visible"?

> Using GIMP's terminology it is projection --- flattened stack of layers.

Sorry, I am not accustomed to developer terminology. "visible" is
related to a flattened stack of layers? I don't understand that.
Is "visible" referring to the visible part of an image, as when the
canvas is smaller than the image, or to the visible layers (the 'eye')?
It is the copy of how the image looks, the visible result of your work.

That's evident.
The resulting layer is the same with both commands. What is the interest
of adding this new layer on top of the stack?
The aim is to further manipulate the result, but keep the steps that created this situation. Example: You want to selectively blur some areas of your multilayer image. You create a new layer from what you see, blur it and then erase the parts you want your original work to show.

--
--Alexia