Re: gimp-help-2: New From Visible

> > What is "visible"?

> Using GIMP's terminology it is projection --- flattened stack of layers.

Sorry, I am not accustomed to developer terminology. "visible" is
related to a flattened stack of layers? I don't understand that.
Is "visible" referring to the visible part of an image, as when the
canvas is smaller than the image, or to the visible layers (the 'eye')?

> > But with two visible layers, the command builds a layer from these two
> > layers merged together.
> > Then, what is the difference with Image/Merge Visible Layers ?

<Image/Merge Visible Layers does not create a new layer on top of the
<stack. I bet you could tell it from words "Create a new layer..."  :-P

That's evident.
The resulting layer is the same with both commands. What is the interest
of adding this new layer on top of the stack?

Julien