Re: Script-fu primitive wishlist: islands, integrals/sums, and data files

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 19:27 -0400, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> David Gowers wrote:
> >> One is finding "islands" in an image
> [snip]
> >> Another is integrals: zero, first and second moments, or alternatively,
> >> integrals/sums of channel intensity, x- and y-weighted intensity, and
> >> x^2, y^2 and xy-weighted intensity.
>
> As you stated, the above two features could be implemented in Scheme but they
> would probably be too slow in actual use.

Indeed, just tried, they're quite slow.  When I can't bear it any
longer, I'll see about a C plugin.

> >> Finally, opening and storing data files.
>
> See section 6.6 of the R5RS. Working with external files is handled via the
> use of pipes.

Thanks, got it working.  And Saul, text is all I need, can't speak for
others.

I don't suppose there's a script-fu interface to the file browser for
setting the file name...

One more question: I can't seem to access procedures in my scripts from
the console.  That is, if I define some procedures in files
in .gimp-2.4/scripts/foo, the console doesn't know they exist.  Is there
a way to access those procedures from the console?

Cheers,
-Adam

Engineering consulting with open source tools
http://www.opennovation.com/