Re: Script-fu primitive wishlist: islands, integrals/sums, and data files

Quoting Kevin Cozens <kevin@xxxxxxxxx>:

>>> Finally, opening and storing data files.
>
> See section 6.6 of the R5RS. Working with external files is handled via the
> use of pipes.

A problem which I encountered with TinyScheme's character I/O is that
the 'read-char' and 'write-char' functions perform UNICODE
conversions, making it impossible to read and write "binary" data
files. The R5RS specification doesn't seem to address this but the
TinyScheme implementation does seem to cripple the ability to read and
write non-text files.

I had added a 'read-byte' command to my personal GIMP-2-4 [1] (I never
got around to implementing 'write-byte') and would be happy to
contribute patches to add such capability, if deemed appropriate/useful.

[1] http://flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com/GIMP/Temp/read-byte.diff.gz