Re: Scaling in Gimp 2.6 is much slower than in Gimp 2.4

Hi,

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 17:46 +1030, David Gowers wrote:

> As far as I understand it, each step of the image-pyramid is produced
> by averaging every 2x2 pixel square from the step above it. If the
> zoom matches exactly one of the stored pyramid levels, it is used
> directly in the display.. Otherwise, it interpolates between the next
> smaller step and the next bigger step to produce the display.

Right. And that is pretty close to what the scaling code does. It also
averages 2x2 pixel squares until it gets close enough to the final size.
The last step differs though.

But we have discussed the downscaling code before. Let's not start this
again. Instead of going through this discussion again, please read the
thread in the archive. Then please sit down and write a patch that
implements proper decimation.

Sven