Re: Proposed usabillity enhancement for PNG handling

Alexia wrote:

> To the letter spec says:
> "The oFFs chunk gives the position on a printed page at which the
> image should be output when printed alone. It can also be used to
> define the image's location with respect to a larger screen or other
> application-specific coordinate system."

I would be happy if we could support this 'silently':
if one opens and edits a png with these offsets then we write them
on save again. copy the (whole/part) image data in another/new file
and there are no offsets.

starting to really support managing these offsets is not outside
the GIMP vision (making UI graphics), but needs better understanding
of the workflows where this is used.

     --ps

             man + machine interface works