Re: Proposed usabillity enhancement for PNG handling

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 21:28 +0300, Alexia Death wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 21:26 +0300, Alexia Death wrote:
>
>         > PNG-s support offset for whatever renders them in the file
>         format.
>

>         What's the purpose of these offsets? I find it difficult to
>         judge your
>         proposal without knowing what the spec says about this.
> I looked up the PNG spec about this already when first trying to
> decide if it was a bug or a feature.
>
> To the letter spec says:
> "The oFFs chunk gives the position on a printed page at which the
> image should be output when printed alone. It can also be used to
> define the image's location with respect to a larger screen or other
> application-specific coordinate system."

As mentioned already on IRC, I'm sure we had exactly the same bug with
another image file format, and IIRC the bug was resolved by simply
ignoring
the offsets. I've searched bugzilla but didn't find anything.

It maybe was BMP (could could have been TIFF or something else). Does
anyone remember that old bug?

ciao,
--mitch