Re: community website

Hi Frank,

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:14 AM, Frank Karlitschek
<frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good point. I have added the link.
> Do you think it is possible that gimp.org or gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.com
> link to gimpstuff.org,
> so that the users can find the new site?
I'm sure that gimp.org could. gimp-brainstorm -- well, you can but
try. Thing is, I'm not sure how to contact them. You might have to
submit an 'idea' to the only email address provided, in order to ask
them. Or peter sikking might be the appropriate person to contact
(peter AT mmiworks DOT net)

>>> KDE is already using this functionality. It would be great if GIMP would
>>> integrate too. So users can browse and download addons directly from GIMP
>>
>> :):)
>>
>> OH! I was reminded when browsing -- I have a Python based plugin. Do I
>> put it in plugins because it is a plugin, or scripts because it is a
>> script?
>

> I´m not sure. What do you suggest?
Hmm, I think, since Python scripts can have their own dependencies,
they should be classified as plugins..
and, then if 'scripts' was renamed to 'script-fu', I think that would
be a clear distinction.  (since the other 'scripting' languages
provided also allow a plugin to have it's own dependencies, Script-fu
is unique in that it does not permit that. Hence it makes sense to me
that Perl, Ruby, Lua based scripts would also go into the plugins
section.)