Re: community website

On Monday 26 May 2008, David Gowers wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Frank Karlitschek
>
> <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm running openDesktop.org, KDE-Look.org, GNOME-Look.org and other
> > websites for Free software.
> >
> > As a long time GIMP user I noticed that there is no real community site
> > where GIMP users and developers can share Brushes, Images, Fonts and Tips
> > and Tricks.
>
> Did you check out places like www.gimptalk.com? I think it is a big
> enough forum that having a link to it could be good.
> also gimp-brainstorm.blogspot.com,  since you have a brainstorm section.

Yes. You are right. But the new sites provides a lot more functionality than a
simple forum. I can remove the brainstorming category if you thing this is
too much dupplication.

I forgot to mention that there also is a public api to fetch the contents from
other websites or from desktop applications like GIMP.
http://api.gimpstuff.org/

KDE is already using this functionality. It would be great if GIMP would
integrate too. So users can browse and download addons directly from GIMP

--
Frank Karlitschek
frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx