Re: get mouse feedback within plug-in?

Hi,

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 23:43 +0200,
haenselmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Alpha-matting is kind of orthogonal to segmentation. At least in my
> version, it requires the user to define what is to be segmented (a
> very rough silhouette) but then, the results are sometimes of very
> high quality, especially for fuzzy objects because an individual alpha
> values is calculated for every pixel, individually. This is something
> that Photoshop does but which I have not yet seem on Gimp.

This sounds like something that would be nice to have as a
post-processing step in the SIOX Foreground Selection tool. Have you had
a look at the refinement brush that the SIOX guys have suggested? Sounds
similar to your approach and still awaits implementation in GIMP. So far
we don't have anyone working on it, even though most of the code is
already in place.

Sven