Re: Feature idea for GSoC - Separate+ Plugin integration.

Hi,

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 20:20 -0400, Robert Krawitz wrote:

> A lot of what was described about separate+ is already present in the
> Gutenprint plugin for GIMP (and I think also in Cinepaint), and also
> in PhotoPrint, which is a standalone application layered on the
> Gutenprint core.  I'd rather beef this up, and provide the necessary
> machinery in CUPS to take advantage of it, than have a specialized
> plugin for one application.  These capabilities are just as critical
> in all applications.  For that matter, if saving the separations to a
> TIFF file (or multiple TIFF files) is really important, it's a
> capability that could be added to Gutenprint and again made available
> to all applications.

I don't see how saving a CMYK TIFF file from GIMP could be implemented
in the printing layer. Let alone the fact that GIMP doesn't depend on
Gutenprint.

Sorry, but we really need this as a GIMP plug-in. Otherwise we simply
can't provide the user experience that we and our users expect.

Sven