Re: Feature idea for GSoC - Separate+ Plugin integration

Hi,

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 04:07 -0300, Guillermo Espertino wrote:

> About the plugin itself, it already provides profiles management.

Profile management should be left to the GIMP application and to widgets
provided by it. It doesn't make sense if every plug-in does its own
thing here.

> It's
> completely functional but it's limited in the separation methods. The
> real deal with improving this plugin would be adding point gain, black
> generation, overprint threshold, curves, etc. The "integration" part is
> definitively too simple and not-so-atractive to start a GSoC project, as
> Sven pointed out.

Yeah, this sounds like it could be more of a GSoC project. But I am
afraid that we would have a hard time finding a mentor for this. I don't
think any of the GIMP developers know enough about printing.

Sven