Fwd: improved drawing modes

forwarding mistakenly privately sent message.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Gowers <00ai99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Subject: Re:  improved drawing modes
To: Radoslav Schudich <ssuuddoo.dev@xxxxxxxxx>

I cannot try TVPaint; It is not for Linux. I know it can be run under
 WINE, that is something too involved for me to do currently.

 I think what you mean by 'NEGATIVE', though, is the idea of pairing
 paint modes together, and then being able to switch between them by
 pressing the same key.

 Like, if you wanted to select 'Replace' and the current paint mode was
 'Behind' you would press F2 once.
 If the current paint mode was neither 'Replace' nor 'Behind', then
 pressing F2 would select behind.

 I am uncertain about the value of that idea*. However I think the
 other possibility, that you just have another item on the menu, named
 'Opposite' or 'Negative', that is always adjacent to the current mode,
 so you can quickly select the opposite paint mode, is a good (and more
 predictable) idea.

 * that idea would be fine, if the statusbar would notify users when
 things such as drawing mode were changed. With GIMP as it currently
 is, the scheme described would give no feedback to the user about the
 change of paint mode.

 On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Radoslav Schudich