Re: no image open spec...

peter sikking <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said on Feb 19, 2008 13:46 -0500 (in part):
You missed one of the mails in this thread then. If we use this window
> as a DND target, where should our users drop images when it is not
> there?

I think the remaining question is: when GIMP is not the foreground
application (toolbox and inspectors hidden, as they should) where
can users d+d files apart from on the taskbar icon?
I have Windows only experience (not Linux or Mac) so maybe I'm missing something here ...

In Windows D'n'D, for a non-visible application works "everywhere" as drag to taskbar button which brings that application to foreground. User (still w/o releasing mouse button) then drags to to window which has just been brought to foreground and releases.

This works now with current Gimp whether there is an image open or not so long as the first bring to foreground is done to the Gimp toolbox window.

So wrt. remaining question: "where can users d+d files apart from on the taskbar icon?" . Why is there any need for anything else? That's how Windows user expect ALL applications to behave.
Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail