Re: no image open spec...

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 14:54 +0100, peter sikking wrote:

> Our core users are people who know what they are doing.
> They do not need 'help'.

Yes, they do. This dialog is the first thing people see when starting
GIMP. And a large fraction of our users are beginners. So we have a good
chance hear to give them a helping hand. If we don't do that, this will
most likely be the last time they ever used GIMP.

> "we already found that using this window as a DND target has a severe
> usability problem"
>
> who found that in what usability test? I must have missed that.

You missed one of the mails in this thread then. If we use this window
as a DND target, where should our users drop images when it is not
there? That looks like a severe usability problem to me and I don't
think we need run any tests to see this.

Sven